Ian Green was born and raised in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Playing piano since he was five years old, Ian enjoys playing all styles of music including jazz, classical, pop, and rock. A graduate of Queen’s University (BMus, 2006) and the Royal Conservatory of Music at Toronto (A.R.C.T., 2006), Ian maintains a thriving music studio teaching piano, music rudiments, history, and theory lessons at all levels of the curriculum for the Royal Conservatory of Music.
In addition to teaching piano and theory lessons to students of all ages, Ian is busy working in many roles in the music community, including:
– co-founder of the high-tech start-up company MyMuCo (www.mymuco.com) that creates music education resources for teachers and students on mobile devices (mobile and online)
– Music Director and organist at Ryerson United Church in Ancaster, Ontario
– member in good standing of the Royal Canadian College of Organists of Canada (R.C.C.O)
– active member in good standing of the Ontario Registered Music Teachers’ Association (O.R.M.T.A.) in which he works at the local branch level and at the Provincial Level (Communications Portfolio Manager for the Province of Ontario)
– member in good standing of the Canadian Music Festival Adjudicators Association (C.M.F.A.A.)
– piano adjudicator at a variety of music festivals across Ontario
– A member of the College of Examiners of the Royal Conservatory of Music, Toronto
– professional collaborative pianist and accompanist, providing musical accompaniment for a wide range of activities including concerts, recitals, music festivals, examinations, college auditions, university auditions, and recording contracts
– musical entertainer and freelance musician performing regularly at many restaurants, banquet centers, and live music festivals in the G.T.A.
When Ian is not teaching, accompanying, or performing music, he enjoys spending time with wife and three young daughters, traveling, cooking, and reading about music education.