This page is dedicated to motivate all of the participants in the music education journey including: music teachers, music students, parents, friends, colleagues, musicians, anyone else!
Please visit regularly for updates to this list.
All of the quotes are public domain. My Music Community takes pride in quoting the source of each quote to offer credit where credit is due!
1. “Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife.”
― Kahlil Gibran
3. “My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.”
― Martin Luther
4. “Music can change the world because it can change people.”
5. “A great song should lift your heart, warm the soul and make you feel good.”
― Colbie Caillat
7. “The iPod completely changed the way people approach music.”
― Karl Lagerfeld
8. “People ask me how I make music. I tell them I just step into it. It’s like stepping into a river and joining the flow. Every moment in the river has its song.”
― Michael Jackson
9. “Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.”
10. “The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you.”
11. “For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.”
12. “It’s taken me all my life to learn what not to play.”
(this is an interesting quote for all jazz musicians, there is an art in playing the notes that are in the middle of the melody that we strive to find but seldom make sense of)
13. “Learning never exhausts the mind.”
Leonardo da Vinci
14. “When you play, never mind who listens to you.”
15. “Anyone can “know”. The point is to understand.”
16. “In learning you will teach, and in teaching you will learn.”